Sunday, April 13, 2008

Here I go....

I have been on the fence about blogging for a while now, and about a week ago I decided to start. It has taken me this long to come up with this title for my blog. It was well worth the effort.... (How do I convey sarcasm in print?) I can only hope that the actual posting will turn out better--with less time.

I came up with a lot of titles that were already taken, and realized something. I considered using some self-effacing "I'm doing this but I'm not taking it seriously" kind of titles, but all of my other choices ended up being used by people who stopped blogging sometime during the years of 2001-2004. Am I that outside the realm of current culture? (Not-so-coincidentally, the birth of my first child was in 2002, so that is probably, in fact, the case. Ouch).

I am still feeling ambivalent about doing this. I wonder if there is anything SOO interesting about my life that people are wanting to read about it. And I have a terrible habit of opening my mouth and inserting my foot. Statements made in writing are way harder to fix than things that just pop out of your mouth. But I LOVE reading my friends' and family's blogs, so here I go...I hope that it's a good way to keep everyone posted on what's going on in my day-to-day life.

And I apologize in advance for any untintentionally insensitive remarks. (Insert sheepish grin here).

2 comments:

Jaylee Draney said...

Commendable first post Di! I also wish I could have a title along the realms of www.I'mnotreallytakingthisserious.com. And between the girls falling in the pool or having a van window shatter on their person, I'm sure you'll be able to come up with some interesting posts.

Unknown said...

I, for one, think your life is fascinating...

And, you shouldn't pre-apologize. Just give the people you know thinly veiled psuedonyms, and then if they happen to be offended by a glimpse of themselves, just explain that this is a semi-fictional creative outlet, and that if they choose to be offended by that, well? they really shouldn't take it personally...

ps - I call dibs on "Captain Awesome"!