Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Soundtrack

For years I've joked that precious memory space in my brain has been taken up with song lyrics...many of these songs are inextricably (I would never actually speak that word in real life; it's funny how it just pops out like nothing else while I'm typing...) linked to memories of important events/times in my life. So in place of a journal (which I have been shamefully bad at keeping) I decided to compile the "soundtrack" of my life. It's a slightly self-indulgent and rather cryptic way to be self-revealing, but I've gotta start somewhere, right?

If you haven't heard some of these songs, give them a listen. I think they're great. And if you were a part of any of these memories, thanks.



Johnny--Jacek Zakrzewski
We are the World--Various
So Long, Farewell--Sound of Music
Love Can Build a Bridge--The Judds
Forever Young--Rod Stewart
The Wind Beneath My Wings--Bette Midler
I Will Always Love You--Whitney Houston
In the Still of the Night--Boyz II Men
Mr. Jones--Counting Crows
Glorified G--Pearl Jam
Across the Universe--The Beatles
On Bended Knee--Boyz II Men
Love, Me--Colin Raye
Heartreak Hotel--Elvis Presley
Foolish Games--Jewel
Kiss Off--Violent Femmes
Elsewhere--Sarah McLachlan
Independence Day--Ani DiFranco
Daddy--Jewel
Do What You Have to Do--Sarah McLachlan
Kissing You--Des'ree
Sunday Morning--No Doubt
20,000 Seconds--K's Choice
Blood and Fire--Indigo Girls
Semi-Charmed Life--Third Eye Blind
Let's Hear it for the Boy--Denise Williams
Swan Dive--Ani DiFranco
Two Sparrows in a Hurricane--Tanya Tucker
Glory Box--Portishead
Angry Anymore--Ani Di Franco
The River--Garth Brooks
It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday--Boyz II Men
Hour Follows Hour--Ani DiFranco
Answer--Sarah McLachlan
Sympathize--Amos Lee
Anyway--Martina McBride

1 comment:

bryn said...

It almost made me cry to read those songs.... memories of you and I singing flooded back. I miss you Diana, and I love your blog, because it resonates with your you-ness, if that makes any sense. *Mwah* I've gotta call you, like, now.